Subscription T’s & C’s
In these conditions the term “COGNITIVE PUBLISHING LTD”/”THE PUBLISHER” means the party who publishes the publication the subscriber has subscribed to.
The term "SUBSCRIBER"/"AGENT" means the party who has subscribed to the publication.
The term “SUBSCRIPTION” means the contract entered into by the subscriber with the publisher.
- Your “SUBSCRIPTION” contract will be fulfilled by “COGNITIVE PUBLISHING LTD”, 86 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 2ER registered in England, reg no. 4011145. We can be contacted on 0161 833 6320.
- When you click "Subscribe" to place your “SUBSCRIPTION” order online you will be redirected to Secure Trading’s secure online payment portal where you can make payment via credit/debit card, your credit/debit card will be debited when you click the "Submit transaction" button. Once the transaction has been processed an on screen message will appear confirming or declining your transaction. If the transaction was authorised you will receive email notification of this transaction direct from Secure Trading, this is your receipt and should be kept for your own records/accounting purposes. If your transaction was declined then you should contact your bank/credit card company.
- If you are placing an order via phone, fax or email payment will be taken without the cardholder present via Secure Trading’s secure online virtual terminal using the credit/debit card details supplied by the individual submitting the subscription order. If the transaction was authorised you will receive email notification of this transaction direct from Secure Trading, this is your receipt and should be kept for your own records/accounting purposes. If your transaction was declined then you will be notified by email directly from “COGNITIVE PUBLISHING LTD” and you should contact your bank/credit card company.
- In respect of clauses 2 & 3 listed above you are making an offer to take out a “SUBSCRIPTION” which if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract, at this point a contract between us is not yet formed.
- A legally binding contract is formed on the date we send you written confirmation of your order via email. We will not be responsible if you fail to receive the written confirmation due to incorrect email address given of technical difficulties, however, copies may be obtained by contacting the “SUBSCRIPTION” department on 0161 833 6320.
- We reserve the right not to accept or process your order for any reason. Where payment has been taken and your order is declined your payment will be refunded in full. All orders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your payment card issuer.
- We reserve the right not to fulfil, and to cancel, orders if we are unable to obtain payment authorisation from the issuer of your payment card.
- Once an order for a “SUBSCRIPTION” has been placed and accepted, the order is strictly non cancellable and non refundable.
- All accepted subscription orders will start from the next available issue and run for either 12, 24 and 36 months and will entitle the "SUBSCRIBER"/"AGENT" to 6, 12 or 18 consecutive issues respectively.
- When a "SUBSCRIBER"/"AGENT" has subscribed to a digital edition they will receive an email containing there username and password in order to gain access to the digital edition. In order to be able to view a digital edition you must have flash installed and enabled on your device i.e. tablet, PC, laptop or Smartphone. To enable flash on your device refer to your manufactures instructions.
- A subscription is for a single user unless otherwise agreed.
- We will deliver any printed magazines in your “SUBSCRIPTION” to the address you supply to us when you place your order. You agree that we will not be responsible for failure to deliver the magazines if you have supplied us with an incorrect address. We reserve the right to dispose of incorrectly addressed magazines and their contents without an obligation to refund you or any other person if they are returned to us and despite efforts to contact you we do not receive correct address details.
- If you select the UK “SUBSCRIPTION” option but give and international mailing address for your subscription it will be assumed that you have selected the wrong “SUBSCRIPTION” option, in these circumstances your credit/debit card will automatically be charged the difference without any notice to the "SUBSCRIBER"/"AGENT".
- We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivery or non-delivery of any printed magazines in your “SUBSCRIPTION” in the following circumstances:
- Where the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us;
- Where such delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond our control or the control of our sub–contractors and agents, we will not be liable for any loss or damage consequential or otherwise caused by or arising out of any Act of Parliament, Order of Council, Act of State, strike of employees, lock out, trade dispute, enemy action, rioting, civil commotion, fire, force majeure, act of God or similar contingency beyond the control of either of them.
- From time to time we will run “SUBSCRIPTION” offers. These offers may be available to new "SUBSCRIBERS"/"AGENTS" only and this will be stated on the offer.
- If an offer is available, customers must clearly state/quote the Priority Code at the time of ordering in order to be eligible for the offer or free product or gift.
- Free products and gifts are subject to availability and strictly limited to a first come first serve basis. Some may not be available to customers with overseas addresses.
- Where the offer has a closing date, we will not accept orders for this offer after the stated date.
- Our liability to you in the event of any printed magazines in your “SUBSCRIPTION” being lost in despatch shall at our discretion be replaced subject to stock availability.
- We will not be liable for any claims, losses, including but not limited to direct, indirect, special, economic and consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of revenue or loss of goodwill), whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action arising out of or in connection with the “SUSCRIPTION” and our publication.
- To the extent permitted by law we exclude all other liability to you. Our exclusions of liability shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of any of our employees or agents.
- These Terms and Conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- The "SUBSCRIBER"/"AGENT" must not under any circumstances whatsoever be responsible in any way for the provision of references/testimonials/recommendations, relating to the work of either a current or previous employee of “COGNITIVE PUBLISHING LTD” to either a current or previous employee of “COGNITIVE PUBLISHING LTD” or any third party outside of “COGNITIVE PUBLISHING LTD”, irrespective of how the request is received by the "SUBSCRIBER"/"AGENT", e.g. verbal, written or by use of any form of social media and irrespective of who the request is from or the purpose of such a request, without written consent from the management at “COGNITIVE PUBLISHING LTD”.
Subscription competition T's & C's
1. The Cognitive Publishing Ltd subscription competition (the "Competition") is open to residents of the UK aged 16 and over.
2. The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of Cognitive Publishing Ltd, their group companies or family members, or anyone else connected to the Competition.
3. Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Competition you must subscribe to one of our publications If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Cognitive Publishing Ltd subscription competition” in the subject line.
5. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us.
6. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
7. The Competition closes at 23.59 on Tuesday 30th April 2013. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
8. The winners will be chosen from a random draw of registered members.
9. The winners will be notified by phone or email on or before Friday 9th May 2013 and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Cognitive Publishing Ltd within 7 days of being notified by Cognitive Publishing Ltd, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Cognitive Publishing Ltd shall be entitled to select another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the phone call or email from Cognitive Publishing Ltd within 7 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Cognitive Publishing Ltd shall be entitled to select another winner.
10. The prize will be sent to the winners by Cognitive Publishing Ltd by Friday 17th May 2013 (subject to availability).
11. Details of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Cognitive Publishing Ltd, 86 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 2ER
12. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
13. Cognitive Publishing Ltd retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
14. The winners may be required for promotional activity.
15. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of Cognitive Publishing Ltd for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
16. Cognitive Publishing Ltd accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. Cognitive Publishing Ltd further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
17. Cognitive Publishing Ltd reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Cognitive Publishing Ltd in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Cognitive Publishing Ltd shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
19. If you have won a free subscription as a result of completing one of our surveys you will not be entered into the prize draw.
20. The Competition will be governed by English law.
21. Promoter: Cognitive Publishing Ltd, 86 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 2ER.